All posts in “Community”

Understanding the Millennials — Turell Group

Understanding the millennials

The millennial generation is fundamentally changing the way business is done. It’s not just in North America; it’s a global phenomenon.

Millennials worldwide represent the largest generation by population. In the U.S., there are 75 million millennials, compared with 40 million Generation Xers and 48 million baby boomers. Continue Reading…

140216BikeGym

Tri Training: The Schedule

When I started training four weeks ago (How is the time flying by so fast?), Coach Mike asked that we run/walk three times a week for 30 minutes. In week three, he asked that we add a bike ride and a swim, and increase our running time to 45 minutes. Last week, my schedule looked like this:
Continue Reading…

tritraining-dana

Tri Training: Endurance

I’m beginning to understand why our triathlon team’s name is Team Endure.

Endurance: The fact or power of enduring an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way (New Oxford American Dictionary)

I’m learning that endurance defines triathlon training. One foot in front of the other, one mental leap to the next — it’s all about moving forward despite adversity.
Continue Reading…

Triathlon-whyme

Triathlon training: Why me?

Last week, I started training for the Pacific Crest Olympic Triathlon. The June event will be an ultimate physical challenge for me. I’ve never done anything close to this kind of athletic event before. So, why now?
Continue Reading…

ColorMeRad

How-to: Taking a great Instagram photo

Thanks to smartphones and apps, we can photograph just about anything we’d like, at almost any time.

There are a lot of apps for editing photos, but I’m going to focus on Instagram, the most popular. Instagram has more than 90 million monthly active users who show their lives through photos, which can be fun and even informative, depending on the photos people choose to post.

Continue Reading…

SySnow

Six long days of trying not to complain

Without pointing any fingers, I must declare “No fair!” My 7-year-old son has celebrated what seems like endless no-school days this past week, following a mere six inches of snow that fell six days ago. Let me repeat that. Six inches. Six days ago.

Continue Reading…

PhotoSkillz

A good camera doesn’t take a good photo

In the display above, the photo on the left was taken in 2011, and the photo on the right was taken last month. More on that later.

As Turell Group’s photographer, I get to work on many fun projects. For one, I’m the lead photographer for People of Downtown Eugene. One of my coworkers and I walk around downtown, find someone to take a portrait of, and we ask them a bit about their life in Eugene. I also get to see many of our clients, even if only for small parts of a project.

Continue Reading…